VALORANT: Phoenix Guide. Phoenix is probably one of the strongest Agents in VALORANT. One of the most aggressive Agent’s in the roster, he has a kit that’s brimming with damage and utility. Whether it’s area denial through Blaze, or crowd control in his blind (Curveball), he is already seeing a huge amount of play within testing circles.
Phoenix’s star power shines through in his fighting style, igniting the battlefield with flash and flare. Whether he’s got backup or not, he’s rushing in to fight on his own terms.
- Strong area denial through his abilities.
- Self-sustain thanks to Hot Hands’ healing secondary.
- High damage potential through his burning
- His Ultimate ability, providing a rebirth, can turn most fights in his team’s favor
- He can still be punished even when he casts his Ultimate ability: players can navigate to his marked location.
- Hot Hands doesn’t have a hugely fast travel speed, and can be avoided.
- All maps have multiple routes, so avoiding his area denial is time consuming be neuters his shut-out potential
- High skill ceiling needed to curve his abilities properly
Phoenix’s abilities are based on area denial, damage and utility. He also has the unique mechanic of curving his abilities and their trajectory/telegraph. This effectively allows him launch around corners, in order to peek, or deny early.
- Hot Hands – Throw a fireball that explodes after a delay or upon impact with the ground. The fire zone damages enemies, and heals you.
- Blaze – Cast out a flame wall that blocks vision and damages anyone passing through it. You can bend the wall when casting by turning while holding left click.
- Signature Ability: Curveball– Cast a curving flare that bursts into brilliant light after a brief delay, temporarily blinding all looking at it. Left click curves it left, right click curves it right.
- Ultimate Ability: Run it Back – Mark your current location. If you die during this ability’s duration, or when this ability’s duration expires, you’ll be reborn at the marked location with full health.
Tips & Tricks
- Don’t waste Hot Hands. It heals you, while dealing damage. It provides invaluable burst and sustain alongside your gun-play. Utilise it in a pinch to pressure an enemy, or keep yourself alive if you’re the last man standing.
- Blaze, primarily, is used for area denial rather than its damage component. That said, players will push through it if they think they can pursue a kill. Use it, but position yourself so that you are still in a defensive location should they dive.
- Utilise the curve of Blaze to block around corners, and create greater angles for you to pen players into. Using the curve will, at times, force them to hit the flames and suffer damage.
- Curveball is amazing for allowing Phoenix to peek around corners. Hit it around, follow-up, shoot anyone that’s in front of you, who’s blind.
- Be very conscious when using your Ultimate ability. If you’re near death and get reborn, be sure to die in a place where you won’t be rounded on by the opposition. If you aren’t in a good spot, you’ll just be killed again.
- ideally, save Hot Hands to burst opponents down quickly, or as a pre-strike against a group of enemies that
Have a tip or trick you’d like to add to our VALORANT: Phoenix Guide? Let us know and we’ll update them here!