VALORANT: Raze Guide. Raze is fairly unique in VALORANT. Most Agent’s have area denial or AoE pressure, but her entire premise revolves – largely – around bunker busting. Her kit is all about massive spread damage, whether from her Satchel or player-seeking robot. Either way, she can apply huge AoE pressure that while not necessarily instant, is capable of enormous damage and disruption.
- Massive AOE potency
- Excellent at early scouting thanks to her Boom Bot
- Her Ultimate can melt anyone instantly
- Easily one of the best grenades in the game
- Satchel can be used to reach those impossible places
- Boom Bot isn’t exactly clever
- Her Ultimate needs a brief period of time to arm and fire
- No real utility in comparison to other Agents
- Satchel is probably the weakest part of her kit
Raze pretty much foregoes utility at the expense of damage. Make no mistake, her damage at the moment is overtuned and she looks set to be the first to receive nerfs. Even so, her kit does exactly what it needs to: deliver massive damage, in an instant.
- Blast Pack – Instantly throw a Blast Pack that will stick to surfaces. Re-use the ability after deployment to detonate, damaging and moving anything hit.
- Cluster Grenade – Fire to throw the grenade, which does damage and creates sub-munitions, each doing damage to anyone in range
- Signature ability: Boom Bot – Fire will deploy the bot, causing it to travel in a straight line on the ground, bouncing off walls. The Boom Bot will lock on to any enemies in its frontal cone and chase them, exploding for heavy damage if it reaches them.
- Ultimate: Showstopper – Fire shoots a rocket that does massive area damage on contact with anything.
Tips & Tricks
- You don’t take damage from your Blast Pack. You can use it to reach difficult places.
- You can spam your Blast Pack quickly, to drop and detonate it in an instant.
- Your Cluster Grenade can be thrown through teleporters to blow up players on the other side.
- Your Boom Bot can be quickly killed. Even so, use it to scout.
- If your Ultimate is ready, it’s pretty much an instant, multi-kill. Just unload it ASAP on the enemies.
- Try to pair with a Sova. Having the vision, so you know where to cluster, is ideal.
- You can be pretty inaccurate with most of Raze’s kit. She pretty much lands AoE against anyone.
Have a tip or trick you’d like to add to our VALORANT: Raze Guide? Let us know and we’ll update them here!