VALORANT: Sova Guide. Sova is highly likely to be one of the most valued additions to any Agent roster. The ability to scout, reveal locations, and fire through scenery is set to massively shake up traditional bunkering play around objectives. Not only will Sova be the eyes for his team, but his Ultimate – Hunter’s Fury – looks set to be one of the defining abilities in VALORANT. With a slower playstyle compared to some Agents, he hard-counters the heavy use of barriers.
Sova tracks, finds, and eliminates enemies with ruthless efficiency and precision. His custom bow and incredible scouting abilities ensure that even if you run, you cannot hide.
- Amazing vision provision for his team
- Owl Drone is a great tool for scouting without any risk to you or your team
- Recon Bolt is absolutely incredible when used on an objective (whether defending or attacking)
- Hunter’s Fury pretty much shuts down teams who’re bunkering
- Works incredibly well against barrier heavy teams
- Owl Drone is fairly easy to gun down, and slow moving
- Hunter’s Fury needs use alongside your Recon Bolt to maximize its value
- Aggressive teams won’t bunker against Sova, allowing them to mitigate much of your vision by rushing
- Shock Bolt needs pin-point aim, and has a small radius
Sova has a slower playstyle than most of his peers, and relies heavily on those around him to do the heavy lifting when it comes to damage (outside of your weapon). That said, he brings massive amounts of utility that are invaluable. Knowing where enemies are, and having the opportunity to pre-scout locations will not only mitigate risk, but also snag kills against an opposition who also doesn’t have vision.
- Shock Bolt – Fire an explosive bolt that emits a damaging pulse of static energy upon impact.
- Owl Drone – Deploy a pilotable drone that can fire a dart that will Reveal enemies who are hit.
- Signature Ability: Recon Bolt – Fire a bolt that deploys a sonar emitter. The sonar pings tag nearby enemies, causing them to be revealed. Can be destroyed.
- Ultimate: Hunter’s Fury – Fire up to three deadly energy blasts that spear across the entire map. Each hit enemy takes heavy damage and is marked.
Tips & Tricks
- Be aware that you body is vulnerable while using your Owl Drone. Park it somewhere safe.
- You can abandon the use of your Owl Drone at any time. Don’t feel you hav
- Hunter’s Fury can be used to pop-off if you think you know where someone is, but it has far greater value used alongside your sonar.
- Use your recon bolt when your high-damage Agents are nearby. They’ll need the vision to hunt effectively.
- Sova has the potency to uproot pretty much any Agent who’s bunkered in. Agents like Viper really struggle against his vision: draft him when needed.
Have a tip or trick you’d like to add to our VALORANT: Sova Guide? Let us know and we’ll update them here!